Property Title Search, Title Deed Search, and Title Insurance In Springdale, Bella Vista, Fayetteville, AR, Bentonville, Rogers, AR, and the Surrounding Areas
Providing the Services Necessary to Buy & Sell with Confidence
Title Searches, Title Insurance, Real Estate Closings & Mortgage Closing Services
What is a Title Search?
Before buying or selling a property in Springdale, Bella Vista, Fayetteville, AR, or the surrounding areas, three questions must be answered, and a title search provides the answers:
- Does the seller have a saleable interest in the property (the right to sell the property)
- What types of restrictions or allowances pertain to the use of the property?
- Do any liens exist that must be satisfied before closing? These may include:
- Unpaid taxes or mortgages
- Judgments against previous owners
- Other miscellaneous court actions or recorded documents that can affect title to real estate.
A title search conducted by Bronson Abstract Company finds and reports defects in the title of real estate you’re looking to buy, thus eliminating issues before they can become serious problems. Contact us today for help with home loan title and real estate title deed searches in Fayetteville, AR, Bentonville, Rogers, AR, and the surrounding areas.
Do I need a Title Search AND a Lien Search?
Some people choose to exclude a full title search in favor of only conducting a lien search as a money-saving option. This can be a very costly mistake! There are important differences:
- Lien searches can discover other properties, but they may not reveal all the liens on a single property, since they are conducted on a specific person. Let’s say a property has had two owners and both have liens against them, it’s easy to miss the lien against the secondary owner.
- Title searches examine specific properties. They include a lien search. A full title search provides all of the additional information that reveals liens on a specific property.
- A title search is much more thorough and provides the information you need when purchasing title insurance.
What is Title Insurance?
Title insurance is your guarantee that the seller maintains the legal right to sell the property you’re purchasing. Title insurance is issued to ensure the property title is without past defects that can affect title to real estate. Remember: title insurance does NOT protect you from future events, but only past occurrences. A relatively inexpensive one-time premium purchases your title insurance, so no additional payments or premiums are required.
Bronson Abstract Company searches public records before the closing of your transaction, reviewing and examining all related and pertinent documents for their effect. We compile a preliminary report presented in the form of a ‘commitment’ to insure. This report shows the current status of ownership as well as any encumbrances, providing vital information to all parties with a contractual interest in the transaction. It shows the current owner and any limitations on the current owner’s property rights, such as outstanding mortgages and/or utility easements. Our experienced professionals will inform you which limitations need to be removed before closing to facilitate a trouble-free ownership experience.